Frequently Asked Questions
JUMP TO: Why shouldn't I use bleach to get rid of mold? What is TM-100 made of? How long does the invisible barrier last? Can I paint over TM-100? When treating my house, what do I need to do? What is the process for removing mold? How much does this service cost?
Why shouldn't I use bleach to get rid of mold?(Back to Top)
Bleach has not been proven to be effective in the removal of mold. It can wipe away mold growth but leaves behind the spores. The chemicals and fumes can be hazardous to occupants and it does not provide protection from future growth. Often the mold will return within weeks.
What is TM-100 made of?(Back to Top)
TM-100 is a proprietary blend of enzymes and proteins that was specifically designed to target mold growth and mold spores. This amazing solution produces an invisible, antimicrobial shield upon drying that encapsulates mold and prevents future growth. It is 100% natural, it is non-toxic, it is safe for humans and pets, and it leaves a pleasant aroma that dissipates within a few days. What's left is fresh clean air like a mountain breeze.
How long does the invisible barrier last?(Back to Top)
Under normal conditions the barrier will last for approximately one year and beyond. In areas that experience reoccurring moisture exposures, it may be necessary to re-apply to prevent further mold growth. With this program, we offer a lifetime warranty against future mold growth.
Can I paint over TM-100?(Back to Top)
Yes, you can paint over the TM-100 barrier. Regular household latex paints adhere very well to it. Again, in high humidity or reoccurring moisture situations, it may be necessary to re-apply the TM-100 to after the moisture situation has been rectified to ensure full protection from re-growth.
When treating my house, what do I need to do?(Back to Top)
Nothing, once the moisture intrusion problem has been corrected, and the structure dried, we will take care of the rest. We will need the property vacated for 48 to 72 hours depending on the extent of the mold damage.
What is the process for removing mold?(Back to Top)
First, we will determine the extent of the mold growth and the cause of the moisture intrusion. Once the moisture intrusion has been corrected and the structure dried, we will start remediation. Set up containment where necessary to prevent further spread of mold spores. HEPA vacuum the entire structure top to bottom and wipe down walls and ceilings with the TM-100 formula. Directly apply TM-100 to moldy surfaces and scrub all visible mold growth. Remove all HVAC registers and intakes and clean thoroughly with TM-100 formula while cleaning out the ducts near the registers. Then we fog the entire property atomizing the TM-100 into all areas including attic, crawlspace, basement, living areas, and HVAC. If mold growth is suspected in the walls, we will atomize the product into the walls ensuring that even the hardest to reach spaces are treated. After treatment, we HEPA vacuum again and wipe down all hard surfaces ensuring there is no excess residue left behind. What's left is an immaculate home with fresh clean air. Some repairs may be necessary depending on the extent of the mold damage to building materials.
How much does this service cost?(Back to Top)
All jobs vary in scope. We will bid your job based on the extent of the problem figuring labor and materials required. Our prices are competitive and we feel our products and processes are far superior to other methods making Mountain Air Indoors, Inc. an incredible value.
What's wrong with home test kits from the hardware store?(Back to Top)
The problem with home testing kits is that they use a dish to collect mold spores which then grow fungus. What some people don't realize is that there is background mold in the air all around us. These home tests kits will often give a positive reading leading one to believe they have a serious mold problem. Air samples are more accurate as they detect the amount of mold in the air as compared to the outside air.
Water Damage?Learn about our
Licensed & Insured